Formal public consultation regarding the proposals for a modified federal grid code and general requirements RfG, DCC, HVDC and storage
On 17 May 2018, in line with the requirements of the European network codes (i.e. 2 years after the entry into force of the network code on requirements for grid connection of generators - NC RfG) and the suggested timetable of the FPS Economy - DG Energy, Elia will submit the following proposals to the competent authorities:
- Proposal for a modified Federal Grid Code
- Proposals for requirements of general application, or the methodology used to calculate or establish them for RfG, DCC and HVDC (‘General Requirements’ package)
- According to Article 7(4) of Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/631 establishing a network code on requirements for grid connection of generators (RfG)
- According to Article 6(4) of Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/1388 establishing a network code on Demand Connection (DCC)
- According to Article 5(4) of Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/1447 establishing a network code on requirements for grid connection of high voltage direct current systems and direct current-connected power park modules (HVDC)
- Proposal for storage connection requirements (which will also be part of the ‘General Requirements’ package). Please be informed that there is no legal obligation resulting from the EU network codes for these specific requirements. However, Elia has chosen to develop these technical requirements in parallel with the above-mentioned proposals.
- Proposal for maximum capacity thresholds for types B, C, D of power-generating modules as defined in Article 5(3) of Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/631 establishing a network code on requirements for grid connection of generators (RfG)
Elia has already organised a public consultation on this specific proposal. The public consultation period ran from 19 May until 20 June 2017. More information is available at the following link.
Stakeholders have been able to share their views and react formally to previous related proposals via different meetings and workshops organised by Elia in the framework of the Users’ Group. More information regarding these past proceedings and discussions is available on the Elia website, please refer to the webpages of the ‘Task Force Implementation Network Codes’ and ‘Workshops Federal Grid Code and General Requirements’.
This formal public consultation is a next step in this stakeholder debate and provides market players, affected by these proposals, with the opportunity to react to Elia’s various proposals.
Documents subject to consultation are:
A supporting document has been made available to facilitate the reading of the above-mentioned proposals:
- Explicative note including more information on the Implementation of the EU network codes and a detailed justification for the redesign and the modifications made to the Federal Grid Code (available in French and Dutch)
Remark: In case you would like to propose text modifications, may we ask you to introduce them via track-changes in the word-versions of the consultation documents, which are available to facilitate the commenting process.
- The consultation period for the proposal for a modified Federal Grid Code runs from 15 March up to and including 16 April 2018, this for a period of 4 weeks.
- The consultation period for the proposals for ‘General Requirements RfG, DCC, HVDC and Storage’ runs from 15 March up to and including 23 April 2018, this for a period of 5 weeks.
Responses and reactions should be submitted to Elia via the online form – see below.
For any questions and/or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Afterwards Elia will consolidate all reactions received during the consultation period, which will be included in the submission note that will be sent to the competent authorities, accompanying the formal proposals on 17 May 2018.