Formal public consultation regarding the proposals for a modified federal grid code and general requirements RfG, DCC, HVDC and storage
After two years of intense discussions with stakeholders via different meetings and workshops organised by Elia in the framework of the Users’ Group, Elia has developed the following proposals:
- Proposal for a modified Federal Grid Code
- Proposal for General Requirements for generators (RfG)
- Proposal for General Requirements for demand connection (DCC)
- Proposal for General Requirements for HVDC connection (HVDC)
- Proposal for storage connection requirements
Today, 15 March 2018, Elia launches a formal public consultation regarding the above-mentioned proposals, which should be seen as a next step in this ongoing stakeholder debate and which provides market parties, affected by these proposals, the opportunity to react on these proposals.
In order to provide stakeholders sufficient time to respond to these proposals, different consultation periods have been defined:
- The consultation period for the proposal for a modified Federal Grid Code runs from 15 March up to and including 16 April 2018, this for a period of 4 weeks.
- The consultation period for the proposals for ‘General Requirements RfG, DCC, HVDC and Storage’ runs from 15 March up to and including 23 April 2018, this for a period of 5 weeks.
The consultation documents and more information are available on the Elia website.
On 17 May 2018, Elia will submit the proposal for a modified Federal Grid Code and General Requirements for generators, demand, HVDC and storage to the competent authorities. Elia will consolidate all reactions received during the consultation period and they will be included in the submission note that accompanies the formal proposals.