Transparency of data about the electricity market
Elia contributes to transparency on the electricity market by publishing information about the Belgian electricity market.
As a transmission system operator, Elia must comply with Regulation (EC) No. 714/2009 of t he European Parliament and of the Council, which requires the publication of data about the electricity market in Belgium.
This Regulation aims to provide the basis for a harmonised, transparent environment within the European electricity market. Publishing data, in line with the applicable rules on transparency, creates a level playing field for all market players, which fosters the development of the electricity market.
The data in question are published on Elia's website or on partner websites (in which case a hyperlink is provided). Moreover, Elia works with third parties for data that it does not own, thus centralising transparency-related publications on its website.
Types of data
There are various types of transparency-related data:
- real-time consumption data and load forecast for the Elia zone;
- data about Elia interconnections with foreign countries; (interconnection capacity, nominations, physical flows, maintenance schedule for grid components);
- generation data for the Elia zone (generation facilities, available capacity forecast, nominations, unplanned outages, generated capacities, plans to build new generation plants);
- data about balancing in the Elia zone (imbalance in the Elia zone, available reserves for balancing, activation of reserves by Elia, price of imbalance);
- the investment plan for the Elia grid.
Besides, there is a downloading space for historical data.