Adequacy Working Group
Market parties can discuss the development and evolution of the different mechanisms related to the adequacy topic within this working group
What does the Adequacy Working Group do?
Adequacy ensures that the total available and expected capacity, including imports, is sufficient to meet demand at all times. To guarantee Belgium’s security of supply in the long term the federal government’s energy strategy laid out a few years ago a number of new measures in order to face energy supply challenges. As the operator of Belgium’s high-voltage grid, Elia advises the federal government on guaranteeing the country’s security of supply. Moreover, Elia is responsible for a number of tasks assigned to Elia by law.
The working group deals with a variety of subjects, including:
- the Strategic Reserve;
- the Capacity Remuneration Mechanism ; and
- the biannual 10 year Adequacy & Flexibility Study.
The Adequacy Working Group meets around eight times a year and reports directly to the plenary meeting.
Administrative duties for this working group are handled by:
- Chairman: James Matthys-Donnadieu
- Secretary: Martine Verelst
2022"Following article 7 undecies, paragraph 12 of the Electricity Act, Elia should publish the CRM functioning rules established by CREG on its website by May 15th at the latest."
- Elia – Formal public consultation on the CRM Functioning Rules [26.11.2021 – 04.01.2022] [Dutch version – English version – French Version]
- Elia – Formal public consultation on the CRM Capacity Contract [11.03.2022 – 08.04.2022] [Dutch version – English version – French version]
- SPF Economy – Public consultation on the techno-economic analysis of the bids and the outcome of the auctions [14.03.2022 - 25.03.2022] [Dutch version – French version]
- CREG – Public consultation on the draft decision (B)2356 on the formal requirements for a request for a derogation from the maximum intermediate price [07.03.2022 - 17.03.2022] [Dutch version – French version]
- CREG – Consultation note setting out changes to be made to the Proposal for the operating rules of the capacity remuneration mechanism formulated by Elia Transmission Belgium SA [13.04.2022 – 04.05.2022] [Dutch version – French version]
- Elia - Public consultation on the scenarios, sensitivities and data for the CRM parameter calculation for the Y-4 Auction for Delivery Period 2027-2028 [06.05.2022 - 06.06.2022] [Dutch version – English version – French Version]
- SPF Economy - Public consultation on a proposal for a gradual reduction pathway, from 2023, of the CO2 emission limits to be respected under the Belgian CRM [01.06.2022 - 22.06.2022] [Dutch version – French version]
- Elia - Public consultation on the Low Carbon Tender design note [14.10.2022 – 4.11.2022] [ - ] -
- Elia - Public consultation on the methodology, the basis data and scenarios used for the study regarding the adequacy and flexibility needs of the Belgian power system for the period 2024-2034 and including also the scenario parameters for the "Low Carbon Tender" 2024-25 [28.10.2022 – 28.11.2022] [ - ] -
- Elia - Formal public consultation on the CRM Functioning Rules [25.11.2022 – 04.01.2023] [Dutch version - English version - French version]
- Elia - Public consultation on the Low Carbon Tender design note [14.10.2022-04.11.2022] [English version - French version] -