1. My employer has changed. Do I need to do anything?
Yes – if your employer has changed, you should email a BA4/BA5 declaration signed by your current employer to email@example.com
so that we can issue you with a new, valid badge.
2. The validity period of my badge is less than two years. Why is that?
If the validity period of your badge is less than two years, this is because your BA4/BA5 declaration is due to expire in less than two years. To extend your badge’s validity period to two years, send a BA4/BA5 declaration that is valid for the entire two-year period to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. My employee cannot read or write. Can they still take the test?
Yes – when you are registering your employee, add a note in the comments field requesting that your employee be allowed to take the test orally. Please note: In this case, the test will not be scheduled on the same day as one of our plenary sessions.
4. The test is not available in a language spoken by my employee. Can they still take the test?
Yes – you will need to set up a test session with a sworn translator of your choosing. When you register your employee for the test, add a note in the comments field mentioning that your employee will need to take the test with a sworn translator. Please note: In this case, the test will not be scheduled on the same day as one of our plenary sessions.
5. I wanted to attend a training/coaching session in more than two weeks’ time, but my preferred session is no longer listed on the website. Is something wrong?
No, nothing is wrong. To ensure that we are able to deliver high-quality training/coaching, we limit the number of participants per session. We therefore close registration for a given session when the maximum number of participants has been reached. If your preferred session is no longer available, you will have to register for a different session.
6. When will I receive my badge?
If you take your test at a test session on Elia’s premises, you will receive your badge within one week. If you take your test at a training/coaching session or on your employer’s premises, your badge will be posted to you within three weeks.
7. Do operators automatically have BA4 status? And do work leaders automatically have BA5 status?
Operators may have either BA4 or BA5 status depending on their employer’s confidence in their abilities. The same applies to work leaders.
If your question is not answered here, you can email it to us at email@example.com