Belgian Bidding Zone day-ahead reference price
The valid and binding price for the Belgian bidding zone is the single day-ahead coupling price (“Belgian SDAC Price”) which is calculated by the Market Coupling Operator (MCO) function jointly performed by all Nominated Electricity Market Operators (NEMOs), and is published on the ENTSO-E Transparency Platform and on the websites of the Belgian NEMOs.
In addition to the Belgian SDAC price, and in accordance with the “Multiple NEMO Arrangement for the Belgian bidding zone” ("Belgian MNA"), Elia also calculates the Bidding Zone Reference Day-Ahead Price for the Belgian bidding zone (“Belgian Reference Price”). The Belgian Reference Price is calculated by Elia as the volume weighted average price of the prices of the NEMO hubs in the Belgian bidding zone, as defined in the Belgian MNA.
The values of the Belgian Reference Price as published by Elia for each day in the table below are non-binding and for information only, except in the following circumstances:
- On days for which no Belgian SDAC Price is calculated by the MCO function jointly performed by all NEMOs, and/or
- On days for which a Belgian SDAC Price is calculated by the MCO function jointly performed by all NEMOs, but one or several Belgian NEMO(s) do not participate in the Belgian SDAC Price formation.
The Belgian Reference Price will be used only if the above circumstances apply, and strictly for the following limited usages:
- On days for which no Belgian SDAC Price is calculated by the MCO function jointly performed by all NEMOs:
- to calculate the settlement of long term capacities remuneration of FTRs and PTRs;
- to calculate the compensation to be paid to market participants in case of curtailment of capacity allocated via explicit allocation;
- to fulfill the reporting obligations under the EU transparency Regulation (EU) No 543/2013; and
- to fulfill the obligations related to the pricing or settlement of Belgian balancing products or reserves.
- On days for which a Belgian SDAC Price is calculated but one or several Belgian NEMO(s) do not participate in the Belgian SDAC Price formation to fulfill the obligations related to the pricing or settlement of Belgian balancing products or reserves.
Sources of the input data used for the reference price calculation: EPEX Spot SE and European Market Coupling Operator AS.
Third parties may have intellectual property rights on the data available on this webpage. Users may not, under any circumstances, copy, download, reproduce, represent, modify, decompile, incorporate, reduce, transmit, publish, adapt, distribute, broadcast, grant a sublicense, sell, use for commercial purposes (inter alia for indexation purposes), or use to createany tradable financial product listed on an exchange or any index (i.e. any numerical representation of the value or volatility of a market or market sector calculated from time to time on a standard basis, in order to reflect movements in the underlying constituents) to be used as reference price underlying such tradable financial products nor any other Index as defined by the Benchmark Regulation EU 2016/1011,by any means or in any manner, all or any part of the data displayed on this webpage without the prior written permission of the holder(s) of the copyright or related right.