1. Personal information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Personal information you give us.
This is personal information about you that you give us by filling in forms on https://www.elia.be (hereafter: our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes personal information you provide to us when you apply for a position within Elia, provide personal information to Elia in the framework of the execution of a contract, or subscribe to Elia’s newsletter. The personal information you give us may include but is not limited to:
- Your contact and identification data (name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, etc.);
- Personal information in connection with a job application submitted by you;
- Personal information given by you in connection with surveys or registrations on our website
- Personal information we collect about you.
During each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- your device ID;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products/services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
3. Uses made of your personal information
We use the personal information we hold about you in the following ways:
- Personal information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to notify you, if needed, about changes to our services or our website;
- to provide you, if needed, with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
- to provide you, if needed, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to review and assess your job application;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- Personal information you give to us. We will use this information:
4. Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information is being collected and processed on the following legal bases:
- If it is necessary for pursuing our legitimate interests, considering these interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, e.g. we use your personal information to know your preferences so as to be able to better personalize our product offerings, to prevent fraud and to secure our website.
- If it is necessary for performing the contract we have with you, e.g. contact details in supplier contract or regulated contract (connection agreement); or
- When you consented to this, e.g. if you have given your prior express consent thereto we may use your email address for sending you marketing materials.
5. Transfer of your personal information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- our affiliates/other entities within the Elia group of companies;
- our business partners, including suppliers and stakeholders;
- public authorities (including judicial and police authorities and regulators);
- banks and insurers;
- our professional advisors (e.g. lawyers, consultants);
- providers of recruitment related services;
- our suppliers of IT related services, e.g. SAP;
- providers of online payment services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, e.g. Google.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Elia or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Elia, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with public authorities (including judicial and police authorities and regulators) in the event of, for example, a cyber security incident;
If we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we will make sure that your personal information is protected by adequate safeguards, such as (but not limited to) the laws of the country to which your personal information is transferred ensure an adequate level of data protection, data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, the EU-US Privacy Shield, or Binding Corporate Rules.
If you wish to receive more information relating to the transfers of your personal information and/or the safeguards that have been implemented (including on how to receive a copy thereof), you can contact us through the contact details set out in section 12 below.
6. Your rights
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you. These rights can be exercised by contacting us as set out below:
- you have the right to access the personal information we keep about you – this is because we want you to be aware of the personal information we have about you and to enable you to verify whether we process your personal information in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to block or suppress further use of your personal information. When the processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but we can no longer use it;
- if your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the rectification of your personal information;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to request the deletion or removal of your personal information from our systems;
- you have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal information with your national data protection authority;
- if our processing of your personal information is based specifically on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes your right to withdraw consent to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- you have the right to obtain from us, under certain circumstances, your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form so you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. For example: if you want to work with a different service provider, this enables you to move your personal information easily and in a secure manner to this new service provider.
You also have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing purposes.
However, note that we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes (e.g. keeping of accounting records).
For all requests set out above, please send us an email with “data privacy request” in the subject line and include a copy of your identity card or another proof of your identity (e.g. driver’s license) to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing, changing or deleting your personal information. We will respond to your request as soon as practically possible. If we need more than one month (from receipt of your request) to respond to your request, we will come back to you and let you know.
7. Security of collected personal information
We have implemented a number of security features throughout our website in order to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to collected and/or received information. We have endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for you, but note that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us or any other party via our website or email cannot be guaranteed. We accept no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via these methods.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
8. Retention of your personal information
- the processing of your personal information is necessary in connection with any actual or potential dispute (e.g. we need this information to establish or defend legal claims), in which case we will keep your personal information until the end of such dispute; and/or
- the retention is necessary for us to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (e.g. for tax purposes), in which case we will keep your personal information for as long as required by that obligation.
9. External websites/apps
10. Agreement with collection and use your personal information