Elia publishes information on economic and/or technical triggers including the status of activation of strategic reserve
This page shows the real-time activation status for strategic reserves, both day-ahead and intraday. If a day-ahead economic or technical trigger is detected, it will be displayed at the bottom of this page. If an intraday economic and/or technical trigger has been detected, it will be displayed in orange in the top left.
Status activation color
The SR activation status is indicated to the right of the SR trigger. The current activation status is shown in orange. For example, if the "Economic trigger" box and the "Verification" box are in orange, it means that an activation of strategic reserve has taken place. The activation status can be found in the Verification gate following detection of the economic trigger, but not yet in the Delivery period.
Status activation Legend
- Detection gate (moment when an economic and/or technical trigger is detected).
- Notification gate (start of the warm-up period).
- Prolongation gate (Notification gate is prolonged because the SR need profile has changed).
- Verification gate (start of the ramp-up period).
- Start of the Delivery period (end of the ramp-up period and start of the period during which the SR should deliver the required SGR (Strategic Generation Reserve)/SDR (Strategic Demand Reserve)).
- Activation Stop (moment when the SR activation ends or is terminated prematurely).