Reconstruction of a high-voltage line following the dismantling of the 2x70 kV overhead line between the Ciply and Pâturages.
A vital link for ensuring the region's security of supplyThe construction of a new overhead line remains essential to guarantee security of supply. The 2x70 kV overhead line that connected the Ciply and Pâturages substations dated back to 1932 and showed significant signs of wear. Dismantling work on this 8.1 km line, comprising 66 pylons, was completed in March 2019.
In the interest of society
Short-term security of supply will be guaranteed through close cooperation with the distribution system operator ORES, which has carried out work to consolidate its system.
This work entailed laying medium-voltage cables between the Jemappes and Ciply substations to strengthen the grid (also known as a trunk connection). In the event of an incident affecting the 70 kV connection that supplies the Pâturages substation, the ORES grid will ensure security of supply in the region.
Despite the consolidation work, a new high-voltage electrical connection between Ciply and Pâturages remains vital, both to guarantee security of supply and to respond to the region's economic development, including the integration of renewable energies.
As a responsible company, Elia is deeply committed to the environment and intends to make a positive contribution to the energy transition by focusing on biodiversity, local residents, local partners and stakeholders when developing our grid.
Following the postponement of the advance public information meeting in March 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, a new date has been set to present the project proposal to local residents.
- Public information meeting (Frameries): 29 September 2020
- Infomarkt (Colfontaine) : October 1st
- Environmental Impact Assessment : (October 2020 - March 2021)
- Submission of the permit application : (April 2021)
- Public enquiry : (June 2021)
- Decision on the application : (September - October 2021)
- Beginning of works : (first half of 2022)
- Newsletter - September 2020 (in French)
- Newsletter octobre 2016: Information aux riverains de la liaison souterraine à haute tension Ciply-Pâturages
- Carte topographique haute définition (PDF)
- Communiqué de presse (PDF) - 02/05/2018
- Newsletter pour le démontage de la liaison Ciply-Pâturages (PDF)
- Communiqué de presse - 23/10/2018
- Communiqué de presse - 11/04/2019
The proposed underground alternative is the choice that seems to best meet the identified needs. The proposed route crosses the communes of Mons, Quévy, Frameries and Colfontaine on a distance of +/- 14 km.
21 September 2020
Rescheduled advance public information meeting to be held on 29 September 2020
As part of the Ciply-Pâturages project, an advance public information meeting ahead of the completion of the environmental impact assessment is being organized.
01 April 2019
End of disassembly work
After a year and a half of work, the Ciply-Pâturages air link is now completely dismantled.
If you are affected by a project and want to ask us something, please feel free to contact us.
Our team would be happy to help.