This project entails dismantling the 2 x 70 kV overhead line and building a new high-voltage line between Ciply and Pâturages.
A vital link for ensuring the region's security of supplyThe 2 x 70 kV overhead line linking the Ciply and Pâturages substations covered a distance of 8.1 km and included 66 pylons. However, it was erected in 1932 and was showing considerable signs of wear, so it had to be dismantled. A new high-voltage line must be built to replace it.
In the interest of society
Short-term security of supply will be guaranteed through close cooperation with the distribution system operator ORES, which has carried out work to consolidate its system.
This work entailed laying medium-voltage cables between the Jemappes and Ciply substations to strengthen the grid (also known as a trunk connection). In the event of an incident affecting the 70 kV connection that supplies the Pâturages substation, the ORES grid will ensure security of supply in the region.
Despite the consolidation work, a new high-voltage electrical connection between Ciply and Pâturages remains vital, both to guarantee security of supply and to respond to the region's economic development, including the integration of renewable energies.
A new project team is currently analysing the various options, Elia's ultimate aim being to come up with a solution that has the support of all the project's stakeholders.
EnvironmentAs a responsible company, Elia is deeply committed to the environment and intends to make a positive contribution to the energy transition by focusing on biodiversity, local residents, local partners and stakeholders when developing our grid.
Dismantling work was completed in mid-March 2019. The project team is currently analysing the various route options with a view to building a new high-voltage line.
- 2013: Elia launched a planning permit application process with a view to renovating and shoring up the current overhead line. During the advance public information meeting held in Frameries in June, an alternative supported by the municipal authorities emerged: laying an underground line.
- 2014: Elia launched a new planning permit application process, this time with a view to laying an underground line.
- 5 February 2015: Advance public information meeting held.
- February – September 2015: Environmental impact study conducted by SGS Belgium, an independent authorised consultancy.
- October 2015: Permit application submitted.
- January 2016: Public consultations held in the municipalities concerned.
- March 2016: Application rejected by the official in charge. Elia submitted an appeal to the Minister.
- Newsletter octobre 2016: Information aux riverains de la liaison souterraine à haute tension Ciply-Pâturages
- Carte topographique haute définition (PDF)
- Communiqué de presse (PDF) - 02/05/2018
- Newsletter pour le démontage de la liaison Ciply-Pâturages (PDF)
- Communiqué de presse - 23/10/2018
- Communiqué de presse - 11/04/2019
01 April 2019
End of disassembly work
After a year and a half of work, the Ciply-Pâturages air link is now completely dismantled.
01 November 2018
Press visits site of dismantling work on Ciply-Paturages line
On 23 October, Elia invited the local press to visit the site of dismantling work on the high-voltage overhead line linking the Ciply and Pâturages substations.
If you are affected by a project and want to ask us something, please feel free to contact us.
Our team would be happy to help.