Baasrode - Sint-Gillis -Dendermonde
Dismantling the 70-kV high-voltage line between Baasrode and Sint-Gillis-bij-Dendermonde
Dismantling the Baasrode - Sint-Gillis - Dendermonde overhead line
Elia plans to dismantle a high-voltage line in the towns of Buggenhout, Lebbeke and Dendermonde. This will be done between the 'Baasrode' and 'Sint-Gillis-Dendermonde' high-voltage substations.
Benefits to societyThe 70-kV overhead line between Baasrode and Sint-Gillis-bij-Dendermonde high-voltage substations is to be dismantled. The line has reached the end of its service life and will be decommissioned. The supply of electricity will remain guaranteed via existing electricity lines in the region.
The 70-kV high-voltage line that will be dismantled is approximately 8 km long. This section of line runs through the towns of Buggenhout, Lebbeke and Dendermonde.
Elia has made clear arrangements to minimise the impact of its work on local residents and the surrounding area. These arrangements will be checked regularly by a site supervisor.
- Elia will work in phases to limit the duration and scale of the impact on the surrounding area.
- Site vehicles will use the shortest, safest and most accessible routes.
- Possible diversions will be discussed with the relevant authorities and announced to local residents in advance.
- Workers will use wooden frames or cranes when removing the electric wires in order to minimise the impact of the project on the surrounding area and local residents.
- Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to pass the worksites safely at all times.
- Once work is complete, the worksites will be restored to their original state.
ScheduleWork will begin in early May 2021 and will run until the end of 2021. The high-voltage line will not be fully dismantled in one go. The entire route running through Buggenhout, Lebbeke and Dendermonde will be divided into different phases. Elia will start working in Baasrode, dismantling the high-voltage line in phases as it moves the project site towards Sint-Gillis-bij-Dendermonde, with the work in each phase lasting about four or five weeks.
If you are affected by a project and want to ask us something, please feel free to contact us.
Our team would be happy to help.