Work on Maalse Steenweg and Altebijstraat to restart on 20 April
Elia will resume work on Maalse Steenweg (N9) and Altebijstraat on 20 April 2020 and will implement the measures announced with a view to limiting the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Work resumes in Bruges
A range of measures have been announced with a view to limiting the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Since energy is a critical sector, Elia will push ahead with its work in your area, in stages. For the time being and in the immediate future, we are only resuming work that can be performed while complying with coronavirus-related measures. Safeguarding the health and safety of all staff and all citizens in the surrounding area is our top priority here.
- Preparatory work on Maalse Steenweg from 20 April to early May
Elia intends to carry out preparatory work on Maalse Steenweg (N9) from 20 April to early May 2020. The road's central islands will be removed. Elia will then temporarily widen Maalse Steenweg between Altebijstraat and Vredestraat. This work will be carried out in sections of 200 metres and will allow traffic to continue in both directions during the cable work. It means, however, that there will temporarily be fewer parking spaces on Maalse Steenweg on the side of the odd-numbered buildings.
- Conduits to be laid on Maalse Steenweg in the week beginning 20 April
Elia will carry out work on Maalse Steenweg (N9) at the intersection with Altebijstraat between Monday 20 April and Friday 24 April 2020. Conduits will be laid in an open trench, which will then be backfilled with soil. Elia will pull its electricity cables through the conduits at a later date. The work comprises two phases.
- In phase 1, conduits will be laid under the Maalse Steenweg lane heading towards Damme. Maalse Steenweg will remain open to through traffic in both directions. Altebijstraat will be closed to traffic in both directions, with traffic being diverted via De Mote or Assenbroeklaan.
- In phase 2, Elia will lay conduits under the Maalse Steenweg lane heading towards Bruges. Maalse Steenweg will remain open to through traffic in both directions. Altebijstraat will also be reopened to traffic during this phase.
- Conduits to be laid on Altebijstraat in the week beginning 27 April
Elia will also lay conduits on Altebijstraat near the Deleye car park (at the intersection with Maalse Steenweg) between Monday 27 April and Friday 1 May 2020. Elia will then pull its electricity cables through these conduits. The work will be carried out on one side of the road and will comprise two phases. As a result, Altebijstraat will only be open to traffic coming from Maalse Steenweg and heading towards Speelpleinlaan. Traffic heading in the opposite direction (towards Maalse Steenweg) will be diverted via Buiten Kazernevest.