Start of work on phase 2
Preparations for work on the second part of the Boucle de l’Est (East Loop) project have begun. Once lopping and clearance has been completed and the access roads to the pylons have been built, several stages planned to meet various technical and environmental constraints will be undertaken.
These stages are as follows:
- preparing the site: lopping and clearance (when necessary) and building the access roads to the pylons;
- taking down the conductors (cables);
- dismantling the pylons and removing their foundations;
- laying foundations for the new pylons;
- erecting new pylons;
- fitting the new conductors;
- clearing up the site: removing the access roads, restoring the site to its original state and adding finishing touches (e.g. planting).