Repair and asphalting of Maldersesteenweg road surface
Elia will repair the road surface at various locations on Maldersesteenweg, Koeisteert and Stuikberg from 12 to 23 April 2021.
A new top layer of asphalt has to be applied in order to repair local subsidence that occurred during the laying of the 150-kV underground electricity cables.
Repair work on the road surface of Maldersesteenweg, Koeisteert and Stuikberg
Elia will apply a new top layer of asphalt at various locations on Maldersesteenweg, Koeisteert and Stuikberg from Monday 12 April to Friday 23 April. The repairs will take place at the following locations:
- Maldersesteenweg, house number 69 (on the side with odd numbers)
- Koeisteert, from house number 28 to 32 (on the side with even numbers)
- Intersection between Koeisteert, Doofmeer and Hooiveld (Doofmeer side)
- Koeisteert, from house number 10 to the intersection with Sint-Jozefstraat (on the side with even numbers)
- Stuikberg, from house number 29 to the intersection with Sint-Jozefstraat (on the side with odd numbers)
During the works, on the side of the street where repairs are being carried out residents will temporarily be unable to access their homes by car. However, they will be able to walk along the site zone to and from their homes. Short stops to load and unload their car will be possible.
Diversion for through traffic in Koeisteert
No through traffic will be possible via Koeisteert between the intersection with Bloemstraat and the intersection with Sint-Jozefstraat. Traffic between Malderen and Sint-Jozef will follow a local diversion via Sint-Jozefstraat and Bloemstraat. On Maldersesteenweg and Stuikberg, the works will be limited to one lane, thus enabling traffic to pass through in turns. This situation may cause delays.