23 November 2018
Elia Group publishes vision paper showing prosumers the way to better service and optimised energy bills
"Towards a Consumer-Centric System" suggests end users should receive price signals in real time. Elia is encouraging market parties to sign up for its sandbox, where they can test out concepts (deadline: 12 January 2019).
- Towards a Consumer-Centric System suggests end users should fully use their flexibility in real time.
- A consumer-centric energy system is a win-win for all market parties and creates added value for society:
- End users (households and industries) can enjoy advanced energy services and optimised bills by maximally exploiting the flexibility of their technological investments.
- System operators (transmission and distribution) can use the flexible capacity to optimise system operation (ensuring balance between supply and demand, eliminating congestion, etc.).
- Commercial market parties can establish new business models by offering energy services that can also be marketed internationally.
- Elia is encouraging market parties to sign up for its sandbox, where they can test out concepts (deadline: 12 January 2019).