Public consultation on the scenarios, sensitivities and data for the CRM parameter calculation for the Y-4 Auction for Delivery Period 2027-2028
TopicPublic consultation on the scenarios, sensitivities and data for the CRM parameter calculation for the Y-4 Auction for Delivery Period 2027-2028 related to the Capacity Remuneration Mechanism (CRM).
In the framework of Y-4 auction for 2027-2028 delivery period of the CRM, Elia organizes a public consultation on scenarios, sensitivities and data. This public consultation takes place in the framework of the Royal Decree laying down the method for calculating the required capacity volume and the parameters necessary for the organisation of the auctions within the framework of the capacity compensation mechanism.
Article 5, §2 of the Royal Decree sets out the subjects submitted for public consultation, namely:
- the update of data and assumptions regarding the scenario(s), as well as any potentially selected sensitivities;
- the relevance of the sensitivities, including the data and assumptions on the basis of which they were established;
- the type of additional capacity;
- the public sources of the scenarios for the years subsequent to the year of delivery from which the input data are used to calculate inframarginal rents;
- the shortlist of existing technologies that will be reasonably available and which are eligible for the determination of the intermediate price cap.
This public consultation aims to receive any comments from market participants and relevant stakeholders, based on specific questions in the explanatory note or more globally on the different information submitted to public consultation. It will last for a 1 month period as defined in article 5, §1 of the Royal Decree. The consultation period is set from Friday 6 May to Monday 6 June 2022, 6:00pm.
The public consultation consists of an Excel file, containing all the data and assumptions required by the Royal Decree and an explanatory nota in PDF format. Moreover, the slides presented during can also be considered as support.
In case of questions, please contact taskforce.CRM@elia.be.