Public consultation on the methodology, the basis data and scenarios used for the study regarding the adequacy and flexibility needs of the Belgian power system for the period 2022-2032
Elia organized a public consultation from Friday 30th of October 2020 until Monday 30th of November 2020 on the methodology, the basis data and scenarios that will be used for the study regarding the adequacy and flexibility needs of the Belgian power system, which must be carried out every 2 years.
This consultation aimed at receiving any comment from market participants on these data and the methodology and any suggestion on possible sensitivities on the central scenario.
The consulted documents consisted of an Excel file with input data assumptions, a PDF document on the methodology, a PDF document on the Economic Viability Assessment, a PDF document on risk modelling in adequacy assessments and a PDF document containing slides used during the Task Force to present the public consultation documents.
In response to the public consultation, Elia received non-confidential replies from the following parties:
- COGEN Vlaanderen
- Belgian Offshore Platform
- CREG (in Dutch)
- Greenpeace and Inter-Environnement Wallonie
- ENGIE Electrabel
In addition, 3 responses were received that were designated as confidential. These responses have been answered with dedicated confidential reports.
In addition to the feedback received, Elia now publishes an answer report in order to give replies to all market parties' reactions. This will also be presented on 08 of March 2021 to the market parties during the ad hoc Task Force Adequacy & Flexibility study.
- Answer report
Next to the answer report, Elia publishes several annexes which are mentioned in the answer report.
- Study from P. Boudt on the Economic Viability Assessment
- A user guide from MeteoFrance on the climate years (in French)
- A technical document from MeteoFrance on the temperature data (in French)
- A technical document from MeteoFrance on the interpolation to constant climate (in French)
- A presentation from MeteoFrance on the climate years (in French)
- A document from the French TSO RTE on the modelling of wind and solar generation
The consultation period is set from Friday 30th of October 2020 until Monday 30th of November 2020, 6:00pm.