Laying of new underground electricity cable (70kV)
Elia will start construction of a new underground electricity cable (70kV) in Aarschot in early August 2022.
Benefits to society
Elia is laying a new underground electricity cable (70kV) in Aarschot between the Aarschot high-voltage station on the Oostelijke Ring and the new Infrabel traction substation behind the railway line at the location of Grote Laakweg. In addition, renovation work is also being carried out at the Aarschot high-voltage station. This has a positive impact on the reliability of the electricity network in and around Aarschot.
Elia is laying an underground electricity cable (70kV) in Aarschot. Elia works with underground directional drilling on part of the route. This means that open trenches are not necessary and the impact on traffic remains limited.
Elia has made clear arrangements to minimise the impact of its work on local residents and the surrounding area. These arrangements will be checked regularly by a site supervisor.
- Elia will work in phases to limit the duration and scale of the impact on the surrounding area. Elia is also working on this project with directional drilling, which keeps traffic nuisance limited.
- Homes and businesses remain accessible during the works. In case of temporary take-up of driveways, the contractor will contact those involved in advance.
- Possible diversions will be discussed with the relevant authorities and announced to local residents in advance.
- Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to pass the work sites safely at all times.
- Once work is complete, the work sites will always be restored to their original state.
ScheduleStart of August 2022: Start of works
If you are affected by a project and want to ask us something, please feel free to contact us.
Our team would be happy to help.